Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cake Decorating

So, I know I've neglected this blog for awhile (okay a year or so!), but I have decided that I'm going to post some craft or thing I've done at least once a week! It might be something I did a long time ago but at lease it will be something right?! Anyways, I thought I'd start off with the Cake Decorating class that I took in March. I was inspired to take this class after I did the cupcakes for Zoey's birthday (see post here). I really enjoyed taking the class and defiantly learned A LOT from it! I hope to be able to take the next couple classes but I had to take a little break in between (making and decorating a cake EVERY week on top of everything else was getting a little much). So, anyone around here that has a birthday or special even coming up, let me know! I can now decorate cakes!!

This is the first cake we did. We learned how to make all the stars (which is what the rainbow is made out of). I love these colors too, they're probably one of my favorite shades.
I thought I did a pretty good job for my first cake!! I can do a lot of cool and fun things just with this one tip. I think we might have to celebrate half birthdays this year just so I don't have to wait so long to make a cake for Clay or Zoey!

This was the next cake I made. Disclaimer,...this cake was not for looks as much as it was practicing the technique. I'm not so good at those flowers on top but I'm going to practice because in the book they look amazing! I left this cake at the store for the employees to eat because we didn't need another cake at my house (remember, I had to make a cake each week for class!!!)


This is my friend, Rochelle, who sat next to me in class. We bonded on the first class and had a blast the rest of the weeks! She made some great cakes and if our schedules work out then we'll take the next class together in May (hopefully I'll be able to do it that soon).
For the last class we did the rose cake. Of course, I forgot to take pictures and so I have none to show you but I thought mine actually turned out pretty decent! We were so tired of cake by the time that class came around that it sat on my kitchen counter for almost two weeks before we finally just threw it away!
I had a great time taking this class and am excited to see what kind of things I can do with it in the future!

No comments: